Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Pain...

Imagine life without pain.... Hard pressed? It is the sour to your sweet lemonade. It is gravity to flight.

It is the measurement to which my life is measured...


Here follows an uninformed or confirmed view of pain:


Most of my pre-pubescent life I have felt detached from the world... Not knowing what or how to feel, feeling too much or too little... I never felt 'normal'. Little did I know that it was normal to feel this way, normality being relative and all.


I needed conformation... I needed proof of my existence and the only way I found the world 'pushing back' was through pain... Emotional pain, physical pain, spiritual pain I found it all to be the 'yardstick' for my life...


Do something stupid chances are you will get hurt... How much it hurts tells you how stupid you have been and has a direct effect on whether you will do it again. It forms part of the core thought process... What you do with it is what counts....


Pain is also pleasure... In my experience the lightest brush and the hardest slap are received in the exact same way by the brain. All of it is pain and the body reacts to it sometimes without us even knowing, always introducing endorphins and thanking you for giving it stimulus. This i think is the main reason I can call myself an adrenaline junky.


Relating to pleasure the brain interprets the pain in a different way and more endorphins are released, this does not last forever though. Ever try keep doing what you found pleasurable for an extended period of time... Your body stops releasing endorphins the sensation intensifies and like a wave the pain starts.


This pain is your body's way of protecting itself. It happens naturally and in reading and understanding pain 'listening' to your body you can really 'own' your body. Feeling your relation to the life you are living. In yoga we learn to listen to the body more deeply... Body awareness... This awareness allows me to really live in my body and 'experience' (pain) life in a deeply or more subtle way.


Go feel be in the moment and you will begin to understand how I relate to life and feel like I’m still alive for that matter.

1 comment: